Today marks the beginning of the ninth year that N and I have been tolerating one another. Just kidding. It's a good thing. I was pretty much in love with him from the moment I saw him, and I think I did a pretty good job of tricking him into being with me. At least, it seems to be sticking. Please indulge me, people. A top ten.
Top ten best things about N:
10. He's a good cook. At least, I think I remember him being a good cook. Something happened when we moved to Germany- I took over in the kitchen. I've really had to step up my game, but I think it's going pretty well. His best dishes? Indian food.
9. He likes to read the news. Real news, not news on people.com, which is sometimes what I count as my daily media intake.
8. He's a good teacher (see post about learning to drive a stick).
7. He doesn't really like chocolate, which means any delicious chocolate desserts that enter the apartment are MINE. All mine.
6. He's pretty understanding. Last night, he got home from work around 6:30. I fell asleep at 7. No stimulating dinner conversations here. He was cool with that.
5. I like his family. Huge bonus.
4. He gets along with my family, and they like him (right, guys?). Makes family get-togethers a lot easier. Plus, I think my father wants N's job.
3. He has his priorities straight. N would rather buy a two week vacation in Italy than purchase fancy clothes or a new car. And he'd rather stay in on a Saturday night than go out drinking with the boys.
2. He has a really nice smile (which, unfortunately, you'll probably never see posted here. He's private).
1. He's really funny and we laugh a lot. When he's not around, I talk to myself, out loud, to try to make my life as happy. Sometimes it works, most of the time it doesn't. I like it best when he's around.
Update: N is so thoughtful that he met me as I was walking into my German class last night to give me a dozen rozes. Love him!
Let’s Help This Reader Find a Slouchy Blazer!
15 hours ago

1 comment:
RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment