I haven't posted pictures of our apartment, but we've pretty much finished furnishing it for now. It's homey and we like it, and since we have a real guest room, you're all invited!

N and I made that ottoman! We got it without a cushion and unfinished at IKEA for 19E. We sanded, stained, and made the cushion ourselves, and it (mostly) matches our favorite chair.

This is the great table I found for 20E at a secondhand store in Bitburg. I took it to the wood shop and they chopped off a few inches on the legs and refinished it. Viola! Perfect table for 100E.


N brought me roses yesterday! And that Christmas wreath is on its last legs...

That awesome chair thing actually belongs to our neighbors, but we cared for it while their Christmas tree was around. Now we don't want to give it back!

Kitchen (with my Chuckles calendar).


The shrunk above belongs to our landlords, but it was just hiding out in their attic so they wanted us to have it. It's brilliant in that the whole thing comes apart and can be stored in a rather small space. One of their friends bought it from a hotel that was going out of business, and they believe it's a few hundred years old, made of teak.
1 comment:
Who knew living in an ancient castle could be SO "Martha"?! To DIE for! And the guest room definitely is calling our names.
Post a Comment