Monday, December 8, 2008

Kids These Days

I subbed again today, and I had lunch duty (gag). You wouldn't believe what some kids eat- and what's available to them! For instance:

french fries with cheez whiz
pizza
chocolate milk
Otis Spunkmeyer chocolate chip cookies
cheesy bread sticks
Cup o'Noodles (ramen)
nachos
nachos with meat sauce
the occasional vegetable-like goo

When I was their age, we HAD to eat whatever slop the lunch ladies were putting on the tray. These middle schoolers get access to all the goodness listed above, PLUS they have a microwave at their disposal. That means they can nuke the chocolate chip cookies to make them extra good.

No wonder they have so much energy in their last class. All this coming from the woman who just downed a large bowl of chocolate ice cream with an equally large portion of cool whip. But hey- I waited patiently for years for the privilege of feeding myself garbage!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

no flaming hot cheetos?

ps this is case not andrew

pps your christmas presents arent coming until a week after christmas

ppps im sorry

pppps its too fucking cold here