I made banana bread this morning! I was waiting for some guys to come hook up our (very teeny tiny) washer and dryer, and I made banana bread! It turned out a little crispy, but since it's the first time I've used our German oven, I forgive myself. I've also been using my coffee french press (thanks, Margie!) each morning since 1.) it makes more delicious coffee and 2.) it doesn't require plugging a 120 V appliance into a transformer. Mornings are pretty good around here.
In an effort to get rid of some excess, I was going through my binders from grad school last night and this morning. When I moved from St. Louis to Phoenix, I did a little purging. When I got to Phoenix, I basically just packed them all in a box and put it in the bottom of my closet. Since I didn't know what kind of job I would fall into, I didn't know what I might need. Now that I've had my first job as an MSW, I feel more confident knowing which books, texts, articles, and notes I should hold onto, and which can be recycled or donated to the used book store. N asked if it was possible for me to turn in all those binders for a monetary refund. I wish.
As I was flipping through notes and articles and syllabi, I remembered how much fun I had in grad school. There were definitely several classes that were terrible (SEPE? Wretched. SW Practice with Communities and Organizations? Waste of time.) but there were others that changed how I think and taught me some pretty important lessons (not necessarily about direct SW practice, either). And I met some friends in St. Louis that are STILL, and always will be, very important parts of my life (Hi Ash, Grace, Sarah, and Audrey!). Don't get me wrong, there were times when I wanted to poke my eyes out with a hot stick rather than write another paper about a fake client's issues. But I look back on those two years with fondness, and I am so glad that Wash U was my home for that time.
Let’s Help This Reader Find a Slouchy Blazer!
15 hours ago

3 comments:
I'm teaching Dad how to RSVP to your blog.
YAY for bananananana bread!!!! Sounds yummy!
I got the ribbons at thecutestblogontheblock.com . . . it's a cute little website . . . I think there's a link on the top left of mine.
Hey, I'm so glad the french press is coming in handy! Great pictures! xoxo- Marjie
Post a Comment