Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Did I Used to Have a Better Internal Heater?

Kids these days. I showed up to sub this morning in wool pants, a long-sleeved shirt, a scarf, and a spring jacket. And a cup of hot coffee in my hand. And the kids outside, waiting for the bell?

Shorts and short sleeves.

Really? Aren't they cold? Doesn't that morning chill make them want to crawl back in bed and nest for the whole day?

Guess not. Guess it's just me with that desire.

4 comments:

subLyme said...

Definitely not just you ( on the heater and staying in bed all day)
Especially while in Syr. Good thing I am heading to visit J in Key West!

Laura said...

ohmygosh it is not just you! these kids . . . i don't know how they aren't Popsicles when they come inside! they truly do NOT run around enough at recess to warrant wearing the little clothing that they do. usually i just think "well, i'm warmer then them and my scarf is way cute, too":)

J said...

HI,

Welcome to Germany a bit late. I got your URL off your id on the Meet-Up board and am a new reader.

You're out by WIL, aren't you? I live in KO, so let me know if you come to the city and we can meet for ice cream or something (if you're into meeting other bloggers).

I agree with you post, kids nowadays wear shorts way to early.

Krista said...

After coming here from 5 yrs in Florida I too am wearing my wool sweater with debate over turning the heat on some mornings. But kids are kids. They probably think its its cool and/or rebelious to go out without jackets or something. lol