We're back from our mini-vacation with Jon and Taryn. We've done our grocery shopping, laundry, and mopped the apartment. Now we can sit back and think about the fun stuff we saw last week.
Last Sunday we drove to Vianden, Luxembourg to see the castle. It was beautiful- especially the view of the city from the top of the castle.
Last Sunday we drove to Vianden, Luxembourg to see the castle. It was beautiful- especially the view of the city from the top of the castle.
After walking around the castle, we found a little tea room on the main street, which ended up being a small room with a few tables in a woman's house. She served us the best hot chocolate I've ever had, along with an apple tart and apple pie. We bought some homemade elderberry jelly from her, too, which is delicious. That is what I love about traveling- you never know where you'll end up, who will open their house to you, and what you'll come home with.
Apparently the owner of the shed below has had some experience with rude tourists. The sign reads, "PRIVAT. You shall not steal the fruits of my garden. Cut off the hand of the thiefs." Yikes.
Thursday we set off for Amsterdam, and we spent Friday there as well. I had read and heard about all the bikes, but I wasn't really prepared. They're EVERYWHERE. Taryn almost got hit once, and I was convinced I was going to cause a huge accident. I can't imagine what it's like in the summer.
The best part about the week? French fries with mayonaise. A close second? Spending time with some of our bestest friends- and feeling like nothing has changed since the last time we were all together. I am old enough to know how rare it is to find a friend whose company is effortless and comfortable- let alone a couple who enjoys both N and I. Score.

2 comments:
I so love that I can immediately recognize photos of my son-in-law from the back b/c he has such amazing posture.
And mussels???????Saliva is dripping from my mouth. I know how Flynn feels when we're scarfing M & M's andnot letting her join us in chocolate heaven.
Sounds like an awesome trip!
Post a Comment