I wish I had read this article before our trip. I can see myself wandering around the city, magazine in hand, searching for De Bakkerswinkel, described in the article. The author says it's a bakery filled with recycled furniture and good coffee- perfect! Maybe next time. While we were there, N and wandered around a neighborhood called De Pijp. We walked into one store, whose name I don't remember, and I fell in love with the old furniture shown there. There isn't one matching "set" of anything in our house, including silverware, for various reasons, so all of it would have fit into our cavernous apartment. Too bad I couldn't cart an old wooden wardrobe home with me. Sigh.
My favorite things there were these bags:

They're made by designer Tineke Beunder from old wool blankets and have birch handles and gorgeous cotton fabric inside. So cute. You can find them online here or if you google the designer.

No comments:
Post a Comment