As you can tell from my less-than-creative post title, I'm about out of energy for the week. I haven't been feeling great for the last few days (fighting off a cold?), and on top of that I haven't slept very well, either. I'm planning on sleeping in tomorrow, and I will use all my prowess and wiles to get N to sleep late, too.
As of Wednesday, I've lived in Germany for four months. Four months. It seems like I've been here for much longer. The first few weeks FLEW by, and every weekend I marked the passing time in my head. I've been here for three weeks, and since we'll be leaving, like, TOMORROW, in the next week I want to accomplish x, y, and z. Not that I've stopped thinking about how quickly our time here will go (everyone says it goes by in a snap), but I've definitely settled into a comfort zone, which means I "waste" a lot more time now. I take naps some days. I poop around on the internet. I go to the library and read magazines. I suppose this is both good and bad. Good in that I feel like I live here now, and as such, I've resumed the activities that I used to do back in Phoenix. Bad in that I've lost a little of my fire to get out there and explore during the week. I blame some of that on the weather, too.
When we were away last week, I felt very aware that the Netherlands was a foreign country. When we drove back into Germany and I could recognize the highway signs and the city names, I felt relief! And we we pulled up to Bruch and I could see the two towers poking above the tree line? I knew I was home.
Let’s Help This Reader Find a Slouchy Blazer!
15 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment