I am having to use the library's computer today and it is S L O W. It's also really, really warm in here. We had some large thunderstorms last night, and apparently something got zapped and the wireless connection is on the fritz. I believe it, because we were watching the World Cup Beach Soccer tourney at dinner and all of a sudden our TV blew up. Oops (or as the Germans say, Uppps). We went to the housing office this morning to get someone to call our landlord and explain to him in German that his television is no longer alive. We figured it would take a lot less time and effort to do it that way than to try to cobble together enough German words from our little dictionary. I secretly hope he gets another in before the Olympics begin in two weeks...but I'm not holding my breath.
Trier was amazing- my new favorite city! I'll post pictures tomorrow when I can (hopefully) use the wireless in another building, which is much faster. It was beautiful, and really helpful to see how the train schedules are posted and whatnot. I ate lunch in a restaurant with no-shit Roman frescoes on the walls, discovered when the owners expanded to the basement.
Saturday night my friend Taryn's brother was in town with his band, The Scarlet Ending. They headlined at an open house, which was pretty neat. Their show was great, and we ate dinner with the band afterwards and then took Jess and the bassist Brian out to a fest. We all rode bumper cars, danced to a polka band, tried not to offend anyone, and Jess and Brian played some shooting game and won prizes- fake flowers and small screwdrivers. Bizarre. After the fest, we meandered on to the infamous Speicher pub, overrun with Americans and decent dance music. It was fun to be able to spend time with Jess, but I wish Taryn was with us, too!
This morning I took a yoga class at the gym, and now N wants to go for a run. It's really humid, and conditions basically have to be perfect for me to want to run in the middle of the day, so I might just take a nap instead. Decisions, decisions.
Hope y'all had a great weekend- more later!
Let’s Help This Reader Find a Slouchy Blazer!
15 hours ago

2 comments:
L,
I love your blog. Send my hellos to N.
O'Town
Thanks, O'Town. I will give N two hellos from you.
Post a Comment