Thursday, July 31, 2008

Get Outta My Dreams, and Into My Carrrr

9 am, people. That's when I finally rolled my rested butt out of bed this morning, and it was GLORIOUS. N went to work at 7 something, and I barely registered his leaving. Then I heard that song (see title of post) when I was getting ready. Things are as they should be.

We're still getting the hang of having one house key. Last night, after I waited for N to get done with work and give me Robin's car key, I went home before him. He had some work stuff to attend to, and since I don't have access to every part of the area, it's not worth it for me to hang around sometimes. I made it home without being rear-ended by any impatient Germans (a feat, let me tell you) and AS SOON as I parked the car, I realized that the house key was still back in Spangdahlem. No worries- I just sat on our porch, tried to avoid snakes, listened to some kids play, and read a book. A gift, really, to have time to just sit. We also ate outside last night. It was peaceful until a neighbor's kid started yelling bloody murder. At Aframe numero three we are Not. Ready. For. Children.

I'm headed out to Wittlich, about 20 km away, to visit the costume shop. I think we've settled on ZZ Top for Saturday night's gig, if I can find the beards and hats. Other top contenders were ABBA, Poison, and Madonna with a male groupie.

I've got a job possibility at the bank- part time, over minimum wage. I'm not sure if I'm going to turn in an application- I'm still holding out to talk with the Sexual Assault Response Coordinator here to see if there's a possibility that I could work/volunteer/do anything with her office. I think she's on vacation. Doesn't she know that I'm HERE and ready to meet her. C'mon.

Can you believe tomorrow is August? Time flies when you get older, and I swear this place is a time vortex- the days are SHORT. And getting shorter since I now get to sleep as loooooooong as I want to...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Part time is GOOD! That much MORE time to shlepp and explore (now that you're licensed to drive 100 mph+ on zee autobahn! Dad's jealous!)