Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Frustrating, but Sunny

I'm having a helluva time posting pictures on this thing. Apparently Blogger isn't as user friendly as I originally thought. It couldn't possibly be that I'm doing something incorrectly (but if you have a blog, and you know why the damn thing won't let me upload from My Pictures folder, please share).

Last night when we got home, N and I went for a run in the countryside, which, since things are pretty rural here, begins about 3 meters from our doorstep. The forest around us is amazing- over a hundred years old so the trees are VERY tall. There are some unpaved roads lined with ferns that we followed to the top of a ridge. We met two herds of cattle and watched a few jets roll past before we made the trek back down (past a gnome house, Taryn!). It's so quiet and peaceful here. We came across a few other people, and out of habit I waved to them. Apparently the Germans aren't so much into the waving- I got a few puzzled looks. I'll start keeping my hands to myself today.

It's been sunny and warm here today, and tomorrow is supposed to be nice, too. I might take a little bus trip to Trier on Friday, which is the nearest larger city. They even have an H & M and a store that sells Patagonia! Holler. We're also in the middle of planning our Labor Day travels- we're thinking Italy but I can't find a flight to Naples. Life is difficult...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You figured it out! Danke shoen!

Sweet puppy! Can she/he stay in YOUR apt.??? I give N 2 thumbs up for his real estate prowess, esp. the Hall of Antlers (I'm guessing that's in the main house, not flanking your back hallway). Your village's photo must be next to the wikipedia definition of "charming" and/or "quaint". Guess you won't be homesick for the streets of Galena. Good thing you have 2 bedrooms AND access to a B & B b/c I predict a steady stream of company!!!!!
And, OF COURSE, you waved-you're from I-o-way!