
So, it's Friday. I've almost been here a whole week. And I'm exhausted. I'm not working yet, so that's not an excuse. I've been exercising, but a normal amount, so that doesn't explain it. The real reason I'm exhausted? TRYING TO KEEP UP WITH N'S SCHEDULE. It's ridiculous. He gets up somewhere between 4 am (that's in the morning, people) and 6 am. He's got a very regimented morning routine (yogurt, oatmeal, and a banana, every day) and then we're off. For thirteen hours. I migrate around during the day, from the coffee shop to the library to the grocery store to the gym, and he does the same when he's not in the office. From what I can tell, a lot of what he does is a huge pain. But we're in Germany, so that's cool. Except he works all the time, and all we want to do on this, our first weekend together, is sleep in. Sigh. (The picture above is after a run, with my clogs on . I've got style.)

Today my traveling officially begins. I'm headed to Trier, the oldest city in Germany. Coming from Phoenix, where the oldest thing was from the 1940s, this is quite a change. Trier has all sorts of Roman ruins and is the birthplace of Karl Marx. I'm taking the train and having a walking tour and whatnot, which will be a nice change of pace. Now that I've got this picture uploading thing figured out, you should see some proof that I've been to Trier on here in the next few days. We don't have the Internets at our temporary place, so we can only do technological things when we're on base. It's kindof a pain, but frees me of the PRESSURE to read blogs and people.com at night. Phew.

This manger lives right next to the parking lot of the Aframes. Today the deer were eating the hay (straw?) when we left and were very curious about us. They didn't even run away, which I take as a sign that they can tell I am a nice person with a good soul who would like to pet them and would let them lick from my ice cream cone.

This is another view of the Aframe compound. Not bad, eh?
A special birthday shout-out to Liz and Wynn, two of my favorite people in the world. Kisses!
5 comments:
And the problem with 4 AM would be..........? I always knew N & I were cut from the same cloth (although I do like to change up my b'fast vittles).
It's beautiful! More, MORE!
lindsey,
my in-laws live in trier or near there and he works at spangdaleh air force base or however you spell that for the AFETS prgm.
small world.
Linds, Dubs says thanks for the B-day shout out! Here's the THING: I love your socks in your clogs pic.
ohhh, i love all of your pictures and thoughts :) just know that you're not alone in having to wait all day for your significant other to finish his job . . . you may quite possibly have a better view from where you are (than a run down korean base!) can't WAIT to visit you next summer :) xoxo
Post a Comment