It has always been my dream to be a metalsmith, own a small jewelry bench, and make a small line of baubles. My wonderful parents gifted me a wax casting kit for my birthday, and I carved a ring and pendant and shipped them off to a jeweler in FL to be cast (metal poured in the shape of your wax...in this case, it was lost wax casting, which means the final product is a one-of-a-kind). My pieces arrived in the mail yesterday, and I'm tickled!


The caster did a wonderful job, and I love them. Great way to start the week!
2 comments:
WOW Linds! Those are both really cool. Congrats on your first pieces of art! I will be supporting this job for sure if you get it off the ground. You are such an awesome woman!
hmmm, they are cool but the necklace is very Georgia O'Keefe, if you know what I mean.
Post a Comment