Sunday, November 22, 2009

It's Been Awhile, Hasn't It?

Sorry, y'all. I know I've been MIA, but this job and the Holiday Bazaar and babysitting and a general state of exhaustion have kept me from logging on and trying to come up with something witty. I'm pretty sure this post will NOT rank among my best, but I'll go with it.

Even though the weather is still in the 50s F around here, local shops have begun to decorate for Christmas. The butcher and shoe store and florist all put lights and ribbons and pointsettas up, and it makes me so happy to pass their shops on the way to and from work. I'm a sucker for Christmas decorations (disclosure: I mainly celebrate turkey and family time and snow). I just found out I'm going home for the holidays and I couldn't be more thrilled. It's been 3 years since I did so, and more since my siblings and I were all there at once. Too long! I plan on lounging around, eating a lot, catching up with my grandparents, and seeking out the perfect milkshake, which is hard to come by around here.

But first? Finding that perfect ticket, which could take all day!

No comments: