Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Around the Schloss

Cross country season finished last weekend, which means I get to sleep in on Saturdays now (hooray!). It also means no more days with funny high schoolers or really inspiring finishes at meets.

Last week we went to Waterloo, Belgium (as in Napoleon) for a meet against a bunch of private, international schools. The scenery was amazing- it must have been peak weekend for the leaves. The course was fantastic, and I would have traded places with the runners in an instant for a chance to race amid the trees and past the palace.


See what I mean? Back in the day, when I competed in high school (almost ten years ago...), we ran on golf courses and around school buildings. Bor-ing!

What a great way to spend a fall Saturday.

3 comments:

Strawberry said...

Those pictures are wicked awesome.

Krista said...

Figured i'd share this:
"Hi guys. I wanted to let everyone know that Coach Johnson(from SES) is looking
for volunteers to help with the running club on Wednesdays at 2:15 p.m. I did
it yesterday and really enjoyed it. It was a lot of fun being out there with
the kids; helping them pace themselves, jogging with them, and just generally
encouraging and cheering them on! There's no coaching (or even running)
experience required; trust me...I am the farthest thing from being an athlete
and pretty much hate all sports period:-) However, I really do think it's very
rewarding to help and encourage kids to be healthy and active. If you're
interested, meet at the SES gym next Wednesday @ 2:15. Please email me (or Coach
Johnson)if you have any questions."

Posted by a member on the spang yahoo groups site.

Strawberry said...

Did I tell you I moved, Brother?

http://www.morestrawberry.com/