Monday, August 31, 2009

The First Day of School! (And other Happenings)

Today I subbed a half day at the middle school on their first day back from summer break. Everyone was, you know, aflutter with new clothes, and seeing friends again and sitting together at lunch eating their bbq riblets (riblets? what's a riblet?). It was actually fun. Don't worry- I didn't stay up too late planning my outfit!

The plums and apples around the castle are ready for picking, which means I can make some pies now. Last year I made my first pie ever with castle apples, and this year Ingrid suggests I made jam with the plums. Anyone know a fabulous recipe for fruit jam? I'm all ears.

I know my posting has been light lately, but this summer has been busy! I have some more pictures to post, and I'm sure I have some other tales to tell, but until things settle down a bit more, I'm afraid the sporadic and scattered bits will have to do. Sorry!

1 comment:

dmm said...

Thank God I was worried you were up all night planning the first day back subbing outfit! :) Where was the teacher on the first day of school anyway?