"It's an EVAP system leak- a LARGE one."
On my way to get an oil change this morning, the Check Engine light appeared, and my stomach immediately sank. My car was really reliable until about '06, when I had to replace the entire steering column. Then, when I was in Phoenix, it was nothing but a mess: it needed upholstory cleaning (that's another story...), a new alternator, the AC system fixed at least 2 times (and it still doesn't work), a new driver's side window motor, and about a million other things. I know next to nothing about cars, and, truthfully, I have no desire to learn much more. But that means that I'm at the mercy of the mechanic when it comes to repairs- and their cost. Fine. I get that.
But really? An EVAP system leak? Size large? Doesn't sound good. And the guys at this particular shop, while native English speakers (a plus), didn't really inspire confidence in their ability to fix said problem (huge minus). They were all, "Chris is the only one that can really work on that system...uh...uh..." All this to say that if I decide to take the car to a different mechanic it's going to take some planning and favor-begging from friends, because N is out of the picture. Nuts. Wish me luck.
Let’s Help This Reader Find a Slouchy Blazer!
15 hours ago

3 comments:
Upholstery cleaning!! haha I can't believe your car was hosed at La Borbooga... I forgot about that..
But seriously sorry your car is having issues... How confident are you with the stick? sts
Shifting is FUN, mostly and N isn't around to grimace when you grind the gears AND you really only do that a couple of times before you get the hang of it. Grey Face has served you long and well, mostly, so maybe it's time to retire her. OR..........how do you feel about a sweet German bike?
Not good with the stick (sts), T. Maybe you can come over and be my personal chauffeur.
Post a Comment