Except for the fact that I'm rarely at home, I'm definitely a Stay At Home Wife these days. I'm even in a book club. It's my first book club experience, and I've been twice now. And next month I'm hosting at my house. Ha!
Last night we discussed Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. It's the first story in what's almost a 4-book series about a girl, Bella, who moves to a small town in the northwest and falls in love with Edward, who is a vampire. I've never finished a fantasy/sci-fi book (started Lord of the Rings and gave up), and I can't say that I loved this one. I hear that the author intended it for adults, but the series has taken off in the world of teenagers, which, after reading the book, I can understand. I hated that Bella was so obsessed with Edward. I hated that she talked about his tantalizing eyes and intoxicating skin and amazing smile ALL THE TIME. I hated that the female was the prey and the male was the predator. Super creepy part? Edward, who can become invisible, watched Bella without her knowledge or consent sleep. Gross.
The movie is being released in November, which might be worth a watch. But overall? Annoying. Book club is fun, though. The other women are great and it's nice to get so many other book recommendations!
I've read what seems like a ton of books since being in Germany. That's what happens when you're poor and need an escape and the library is easy to access.
Eat, Pray, Love
Nineteen Minutes
The Audacity of Hope
Dreams From My Father
Case Histories
When You are Engulfed in Flames
The Senator's Wife
The Memory Keeper's Daughter
A Piece of Cake
Committed.
Identical Strangers
Neither Here Nor There
Twilight
Will's Choice
A Year in Provence
Have you read any good books lately?
Let’s Help This Reader Find a Slouchy Blazer!
15 hours ago

3 comments:
Just finshed-FINALLY-one about an Australian ex-pat who moves to Paris. TRES funny (it'll be in the next box o'fun) and, "Diary of a Whimpy Kid" for 8th grade lit. Funny if you're 13 or even remember being 13 or have had a 13 yr. old.
Girl, I love it! Please read my nap post. Good books. Hmmm...just finished Sedaris. Great. Was it you who gave me the book "At Home In The World?" Right before TM was born? And I was traumz? Because, woah. That was a good one. I can't think. Oh!!!! I know! Go get something by Ann Lamott. And, at the risk of sounding like a gigantic cliche, have you read "The Great Gatsby?" It's one of my all-time faves. Wish I was in your club, dawg.
Lindsay, I am going to read all the books you scored a 5.
Love,
Grace
Post a Comment