Thursday, August 14, 2008

Things you don't see here everyday

Yesterday I ran in a "fun run" 5k. I mostly did it for the free t-shirt. That and the fact that the 5k loop at N's work is FLAT, which is a godsend after the hills we normally run on. Galena's hills have nothing on the things we've got here.

Anyway, only one other woman and myself ran during the 4 pm group. It wasn't an organized thing, just show up, run, we'll time you, get a free shirt. This other woman was really nice- here for four months. She's going to start training for her first marathon next week. I told her congratulations and I was going to continue with my extended summer vactation next week, to include sleeping in and spending only 10-11 hours awake. I like my plan better.

Tomorrow is a "family day" (read: day off for N) so tonight we're going to go to the Abtei Himmerod if N gets off work in time. It's a for-real abbey, with beer and all. Supposedly they've got a kitchen there, too, but it's only open until 5. I guess they have monk business to attend to after that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I write things I've already done down on my 'to do' list just so I can cross them off. Felt like I needed to share that with you. I miss you, friend!