Monday, August 4, 2008

Manic Monday

Where did the weekend go? I don't even have to dread Mondays/the work week, and STILL my weekends go by quickly. No thanks- slow down!

Saturday was quite the party. There was enough food (delicious Greek sandwiches and salads from a butcher in Speicher) to feed an Army...or an Air Force, and the band Dos Gringos played as long as they could without breaking some noise ordinance.


Our costumes went over pretty well. My beard was itchy and tough to eat/drink with, so I abandoned it after about an hour. A lot of people went all out- let's just say that the Karnevale Center in Wittlich did a good business on wigs last week.

On Friday we almost had a kitchen emergency. Nick was just going to heat up some bread in the microwave (sounds gross to me, but I usually don't question his skills in the kitchen). Maybe Euro microwaves are more powerful, but the dang thing caught on fire! The Aframe smelled like smoke and near-danger for the rest of the night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha, You saw Dos Gringos!! Can't imagine how crazy that was....

Anonymous said...

LOVE the outfit, sister. Wish I could be there with you. For reals.