Sunday, December 27, 2009

Shock and Awe

I made it through the first American Shopping Experience of the trip home. I haven't shopped a lot in Europe, mainly because 1.) the exchange rate is crap, 2.) I was unemployed, and 3.) I had no need for new clothes. Now, I do! The fam went to Target and a small, regional mall (thank god, I probably couldn't have handled a "real" mall yet) today, and it was totally overwhelming. The people! The racks and racks of clothes on sale! The stuff that no one needs! I nearly bought some reusable heart-shaped cupcake things because they were there, and I did buy some hand soap in an "Iowa Pine" scent because it was 50 cents off. Oy.

I need a glass of wine.

4 comments:

♥N.Marie Powell said...

is that soap by Mrs. Meyer's? Oh my jeez that stuff is the best.

Laura said...

and . . . have you gotten behind the wheel of a car yet? that's the number one thing i'm worried about upon going home . . . but i think you guys drive on the same side of the street as America? have fun!!!

Lindsay said...

Loving Mrs. Meyers, Nissa!

Laura, it's aggravating to have people hang out in the left lane after they pass someone, but other than that, driving is fine.

xo

Carolyn said...

I haven't been home in over 7 months and I already can't imagine what it'll be like. I was skyped into my family gift exchange on Christmas morning and was thinking "do you need that?..so much consumption...etc". I am transformed! (I think I could fall back into American mentality quickly though and it's my mission not to)