Wednesday, December 16, 2009

No time for posting...Must Eat Cookies!

Last night was the 3rd Annual Cookie Exchange, my favorite night of the year! Rules are you sign up to bring one type of cookie to the par-tay (enough so everyone gets a little baggie), and you leave with a bunch of other kinds. I made a new favorite, Lil Fellers, which I have vowed never to make again. If you're lucky enough to have gotten some of my Fellers last night, might I suggest bronzing them for a living room display? Those suckers were almost impossible to get out of the pan, and did a great job highlighting how little strength I have in my forearms. Ugh.

Things have continued to be really busy here. Parties, cookie exchanges, dogsitting...I'm watching two little munchkins while their parents are traveling, and it's wonderful to have company when I come home at night.

Conversations I imagine the dogs have while I'm at work:

J (beagle): Where does that tall babysitter go every day? I really have to go outside to take care of business and bark at shadows.

S (weiner dog/chihauhau): Who cares? Quit hogging the couch. When she comes back she'll feel so guilty for leaving us for 12 hours that we'll get dinner, followed by a treat, followed by a walk!

J: Walking on a double-leash with you sucks. You stop to pee every five seconds because your bladder is so tiny.

S: I'm small but mighty, my friend.

I could go on forever...I'm sure the citizens of Bruch think I'm crazy because whenever I walk them I write these little conversations in my mind, and I end up laughing out loud. That, or singing Christmas carols to myself and the dogs as we cruise down the street.

Merry Wednesday!

2 comments:

M said...

Can you bring some of those cookies home?????

Deidre said...

A cookie exchange is a brilliant idea!!

can we see pictures of the lil fellers?

Those pups are mighty cute!