Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Don't Forget

We've been here for two months, and we expect to get the rest of our household goods relatively shortly (fingers crossed). So far, we haven't done much to the apartment except move some furniture around and buy plants. We're waiting for our stuff to arrive so we can hang pictures, incorporate what we shipped with our loaner furniture, and see what works. I always think it's nice to live simply in the months it takes for our stuff to catch up to us- fewer choices, less clutter, more space. 


There are, however, a few things I wish we either packed in our suitcases or
included in our air (fast) shipment. Maybe next time I'll learn.

A pair of flats. I brought boots, flip flops, Toms (love- wear the wedges all the time!), and heels. I packed jeans, skirts, and a few work clothes (on the off chance that my dream job was waiting for me right away- it wasn't, and I'm not even sure my dream job requires a business suit...). I did not, however, include some simple flats. I should have.

The salad spinner. I got one for Hubs for an anniversary present a few years ago (some of the romance and sentimentality went out the door around year 10 of our relationship...) and we use it almost nightly. It's handy and I can't wait to unpack it.

A picture or two. All of our tchotchkes are in the big shipment, but it'd be nice to see my friends' smiling faces or have a family picture to put on my dresser. 

Computer paper. Our laptop came with us and our printer/scanner was in the air shipment- luckily with a small stack of paper. We should have included another ream, especially since the standard size around here is not what we typically use. We haven't gone in search of more, but I'm betting it's going to be hard to find. Here's hoping there's a ton on the way.

Locally roasted coffee beans. My options here aren't fabulous (although I've found a great local roaster in Dubai) and I miss my old favorites. I am, however, expecting a bag (given to me by my lovely friends as part of the best going away gift ever) in the shipment, and it's going to be glorious when it arrives. I hope I brought my coffee grinder...

Envelopes and stamps. These are on their way, too, but there are always some loose ends to wrap up or ongoing bills that require mail to the States and I've had to get creative around here to do so. Tossing a stack in my suitcase would have been brilliant.

That's it- for now. Pretty simple, but maybe I'll read this before our next move and save myself some headache. Pictures of the apartment coming soon(ish)!



3 comments:

Mom said...

If and when we move, we will hire you as a consultant!

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your posts, Linds.
Hope your stuff shows before they move you again.

Anonymous said...

I am not a robot.
You know you don't need to type in the second number of the capcha thing.