Monday, January 31, 2011

Blink.

It's been so long since I've posted that I forgot the password to log-in here at blogger. I think that pretty much sums up my current mindframe.

I got a new job in December that I'm struggling to be competent at, and it turns out that I have to try way harder to be zen in America than I did in Germany. I loved that in Bruch there weren't any convenience stores, shopping areas, take-out joints, or...much of anything. I loved that everything was closed on Sundays and you were forced to just. chill. out. I loved that things were slower, that diners lingered over the last course, unhurried to get home and watch tv or plug into the internet.

I've definitely been absorbed with stuff and things and events and news lately, and though part of it is necessary for work, I'd like to do a better job of relaxing and tuning out when I can. That might include fewer blog posts, so I apologize to the 2 of you that actually read this often (hi, Mom!). But, on the upside, this probably means I'll call you more often.

And now, to bed.

4 comments:

M said...

Hi, Sweetie! I'm all for the calls. Love you!

subLyme said...

Speaking of Zen and slowing life down, their is a major blizzard outside! Not that my life needs to be any slower.....Or that I ever leave the house these days.... I do dig a good blizzard though. But I was thinking about you the other day and how much you must miss the Bruch way of life. I support the slow down. Love you.

Anonymous said...

I'm still reading!
Love,
Grace

Major said...

Hey don't forget MIL.. :-D