Confession: I've read The Secret. And I don't think it's one hundred percent hokey. I'm a big believer in visualizing what you want in your life, being open to what the universe has to offer, and attracting a combination of the two. You know, good karma and all that stuff. Right after I read The Secret, I visualized myself finding a four leaf clover on one of my runs in Bruch. And then, one day, it happened. One four-leaf clover and one five-leaf clover. Bam!
Anyway, the idea behind the life list is the same as any list of goals: once you've articulated said goals/wishes/desires, you're better able to focus energy on them and make them happen. Yes, you've got to work, but if you never figure out what you want, you'll never make it happen. So...
30 Before 30
A semi-comprehensive list of things I want to accomplish
and experience before August 9, 2011
1. Catch fish at Pike's Fish Market in Seattle
2. Run another half marathon
3. Be able to do sun salutations on my own.
4. Have a girls' weekend in NYC with Jordan
5. Go to a big concert
6. Invest in a digital SLR camera and learn how to use it
7. Go to a baseball spring training game
8. Take dancing lessons with Hubs
9. Get pregnant (the scariest one)
10. Be on top of a mountain for a sunrise
11. Learn to pull an espresso shot
12. Take a cooking class
13. Learn all the moves to Thriller
14. Donate my hair to Locks of Love
15. Sew a dress/skirt
16. Win in Vegas
17. Host a big party
18. Learn to grill
19. Surprise Hubs with a getaway
20. Make sushi
21. Refurbish a piece of furniture
22. Tell my friends and family how much they mean to me
23. Ride my bike to work
24. Paint a room
25. Learn to change a car's oil
26. Be a regular at a bar/coffee place
27. Take a class
28. Finish doula training
29. Save enough to buy a gently used car (with air conditioning!)
AND...
30. ???
Here's where you come in. I am looking for your suggestions. What do you think I need to do before I turn 30? What should everyone do at least once in a lifetime? No suggestion too small or too large- I want to hear them all!

6 comments:
You are ready to be a mom??? :):):) WOWO!!!! You are super amazing in my books Linds! Love ya.
Been rackin' my brain but I'm pretty sure you've covered all the important stuff!
XOXO :-D
I love Maggie's life list. here's mine: http://www.decoybetty.com/p/life-listlessly.html
Ok, well, it's the START Of the life list.
love some of yours!
I can help you with #3 (got a yoga certification in the fall-I will get my YT200 on of these days)#6 (just take the leap) #9 (I can talk Nick through the mechanics, if he there are still parts he is confused about) #18 (I am a certified BBQ judge and enthusiast)You better get 1-29 done before you do #9, it gets a lot harder after that one.
okay, i'm just now catching up on your blog. that's one long list!..and number 9 is very interesting! that number can grow a whole list on it's own!
btw, i see there is more than one M..Marj is the last one. :-)
Post a Comment