Monday, July 26, 2010

How About You?

So, how do you and your friends/relatives travel?

My husband and I usually show up in a place with one guidebook (per city), and we read it on the planeride there. How's that for research? I like to know a bit about the place I'm going, but the real charm in traveling is discovering your piece of the city, right?

How do you travel? Guidebook and map and itinerary in hand, or sans information?

Another random travel question: do you leave tips for the housekeeping staff?

2 comments:

M said...

We ALWAYS leave tips for the staff and if we're staying more than 1 night in the same spot, we leave some each day rather than 1 lump sum at the end.

We're travel book junkies and probably have a collection to rival Borders. It's all part of the excitement build-up. But I really like to read them AFTER we visit a place, just to tie things together.

subLyme said...

I like to be surprised and have it all planned out by you, J and N.

A big yes to leaving the tips!