Because my mom and I had such a fantastic time in Cinque Terre last year, when they visited this summer we took our men to see the sea. My mom, Queen of Finding Great Vacation Rentals, got us a great apartment in Corniglia, the third town. It's the only one without direct access to a beach/harbor, which also makes it the most tranquil. Our aparment had the most amazing view of the town, with it's colorful buildings spilling down the hill to the vineyards.

On our first day we hiked to Vernazza, where Mom and I stayed last year, and then on to Monterosso, the fifth town. Although my parents are steps away from being 60, they're champs and led the way on the trails. The second day, we went the other direction and found the best pizza I've ever had. Yum!
I am so fortunate that my parents and Hubs get along so well. It makes life much easier, and it makes vacationing together a snap. I knew that my Dad and Hubs would love Cinque Terre just as much as Mom and I do, but there are a few places that we didn't take the boys because they are "our" spots.
Thanks, Mom and Dad, for the great trip!
5 comments:
L & N-It was an amazing adventure and so great to make memories with you two. We loved being around you as a couple and thank our lucky stars that Joe Witt had the good sense to go to The Academy!!! We're having L & N withdrawal, tho, so we need to do a re-do ASAP!! XOXOXOX
Awesome to hear you all had a GREAT trip! You and your family are AMAZING! Much love!
Jealous!!! Your family is great. I miss you (and them).
Love,
Grace
What a great little town!
Freaking awesome. Looks like you had a blast. Miss all y'all.
B Man
Post a Comment