When I started this here blog, way back in 2008, it was a way for me to use up my many hours of daylight when I moved to a new country and didn't have a job. It was a way to keep family and friends in the loop. It was a way to document my new life. It was fun and I spent a lot of hours reading blogs every day.
Fast forward 2 years and I can hardly find the time to dash off a 3 sentence post every 2 weeks. My job eats my time, I rarely see my husband, and today? It's finally sunny outside and I don't want to be in my apartment on the computer. So, there you have it. My blog now officially sucks.
All this to say that I'm thinking about not blogging anymore. When I do remember that I still have one, the pressure to post something is unpleasant. But I find myself hesitant to shut A Ship of Two down. It's an old friend, one who was with me from the start of this Germany thing, which was, at time, very difficult.
Let’s Help This Reader Find a Slouchy Blazer!
15 hours ago

9 comments:
Post when you can/want to; forget about it when you can't/don't want to. Life is full of stressors you can nothing about...........this shouldn't be one of them!
L,M
PS-Thanks for the WONDERFUL Mom's Day card-the perfect thing to find when we got back from Mad-town!
Keep it! I love it! Even if you can't post often it has been so great to follow you and your adventures on here!
I third that . . . keep it!!! It's fun to read when there is something new . . . when there isn't, it's fun to know you're living it up in Germany and loving the adventures there!!! :)
I have nothing but love for The Ship...
Oh Lindsay! Even sporadic posts are awesome. No pressure from here, but I love checking the Ship out every now and then.
Love,
Grace
Love checking it every now and again to get an update. No need for frequent posts. I vote for keeping it!
4 more years!...4 more years!
No pressure from here to keep up the posts, but they are enjoyable...
<3 -Major
Just catching up but I guess you're still blogging...Remember that in a year you'll move and be out of a job again and have more time. You're posts are always amusing for the rest of us. And such wisdom...
Post a Comment