So, I am now a vegetarian. I've never eaten tons of meat, and it's only generally been chicken, but a few weeks ago I watched the movie Food, Inc. and since then it's been all tofu and black beans for me. Seriously, you should watch that movie. Not that I'm saying you all have to be veg-heads, but there's some scary stuff in there.
For instance: Did you know that we've genetically engineered chickens to get too big to actually stand on their little legs? Their legs literally cannot hold their weight. All so our chicken breasts can be larger. Yuck.
I'm in the market for some great vegetarian recipes- send them my way!
Let’s Help This Reader Find a Slouchy Blazer!
15 hours ago

4 comments:
Great, frightening movie that everyone should see. As if sweet, cow faces aren't enough to make you give up prime rib FOR-EVAH!
L,M
GULP. Pretty much veggie here across the pond and haven't seen that movie.
Also, the word verification I'm being asked to type here is skincess.
WTF?
I've seen that movie and its aweful all the stuff they make aware in there. You should read Omnivores Dilemma.
Did you ever notice how much smaller the German chicken breasts are from the american ones in the commissary? I'll never eat Tyson again.
Ditto to what Krista said about the size of the German chickens... and I have Omnivore's dilemma if you ever want to borrow it. I also have a Williams Sonoma Veggie cookbook with great (albeit time consuming) recipes. We eat meatless 2-3 times a week and Bri doesnt even notice it... perhaps I'll try and double those numbers. Did you rent Food, Inc? I think I need to watch it.
Post a Comment