 |
| The view from our apartment's balcony- the Alhambra |
Very early in this assignment, I met Julie- and I'm so glad I did. We exchanged numbers right away and had our first "date" at a yoga class on the beach. Except the yoga teacher never showed up so we rolled out our mats and just practiced ourselves. What could have been a very awkward time wound up being the first of many, many wonderful afternoons together.
 |
| Busy morning along the water |
Since then, we've spent countless hours cooking, crafting, drinking, and traveling together. What's even better is that our husbands get along so well and the four of us have a great time together.
Julie and Eion invited us to their wedding fiesta in Granada, Spain and about 3 minutes after the invite arrived I was booking tickets. We'd never been to Granada but ever since my college roommate studied there and fell in love with the city, I'd wanted to go. It was stunning and the whole wedding weekend was one of the most fun I've ever been to.
 |
| Painting the cathedral |
Granada is in southern Spain and is the capital of the province. It's a very old city with Roman and Moorish influences. You've probably heard about or seen photos of the
Alhambra, a stunning fortress/palace that is a must-see. Hubs and I were so excited about the wedding- and the cool weather, being able to hold hands in public, and the food!
 |
| Walking paella to the cafe |
Julie's and Eion's guests came from across the world- literally. We were so honored to meet their families and friends and had a fantastic time getting to know people throughout the weekend.
 |
| View of Granada from the Alhambra |
It's hard to say what was my favorite- the Alhambra tour, the tapas crawl, the paella dinner in the country, or the actual wedding, which was held inside the Alhambra grounds. If Hubs and I ever renew our vows, I'm thinking a weekend like this...
 |
| Afternoon on our balcony in the Albayzin neighborhood |
When we left Abu Dhabi, it was still extremely hot and humid. I cannot explain how happy it made me to be able to run outside under a bright blue sky and then put on pants and a jacket. The cool, crisp air was amazing and made my little heart sing.
 |
| View of the countryside from the rehearsal dinner |
I can't believe how fortunate I am to have met Julie and have had her around during this year. She's so thoughtful and makes me laugh. She's also always up to meet for shwarma, which I appreciate very much. They're off for crazy adventures in Africa next year, but I know we'll stay in touch and plan to meet- maybe yearly in Granada?
 |
| Sampling chocolate and churros- every bit as delicious as it looks! |
 |
| My favorite activity- coffee at an outdoor cafe |
Congrats, Jules and E! We love you! Chupitos for all!
 |
| Beautiful bride |
No comments:
Post a Comment