Sunday, July 31, 2011

Regularly Scheduled Programming

Whoa. Another few months got away from me. Dang. How's your summer going? Another event checked off the 30 Before 30 List:

17. Host a big party

Last weekend Hubs and I had some people over for a BBQ on Saturday night, and I also had some girls over for a Stella and Dot trunkshow on Sunday (great stuff! Go to www.stelladot.com/kristenmcdonald to order! Go now!). I've spent the last 7 days recuperating. Seriously.

The advantage of having people over, besides fun and good times, is that it spurs us to get our shit together. We'd been wanting to buy some more house plants and more plates forever but had put it off and put it off. On Saturday Hubs made 2 trips to Ikea (after our trip to the farmer's market and grocery store) to purchase those items, and check! We're good to go.

I actually cooked and baked on Saturday, which never happens. I can't tell you how enjoyable it was to plan a meal, dice the veggies, arrange the food, and watch people gather in our home. Don't get me wrong- it was a ton of work and I'm not turning into Phoenix's new Hostess with the Mostess, but I'm glad it was on my list and I'm glad it was one of the things I actually managed to do before the big 3-0.

Which, speaking of, is only days away. It wasn't until a few weeks ago that I started freaking out about turning 30. Until then, I was totally fine with it, no concerns. Now? I feel all this pressure to plan something phenomenal as a way to celebrate, even though nothing comes to mind and it's hot as balls in Phoenix and consequently all I want to do is stay inside and drink iced tea. So there's that. Any celebration suggestions?

No comments: