
After my (terrible) run today, I wandered back on the castle grounds to see the sheep and cool down. Whenever I get marginally close, they all run away from me, and the mothers bleet a warning to the babies: dangerous woman-thing coming- run! They were doing what they're always doing (eating), and after a few minutes basking in the afternoon sun and the lambs' cuteness, I started walking back to my apartment.

I ran into Bernie, the landlord, who had a bag of bread and was on his way to feed the lucky sheep. I tagged along, and as soon as those beasts saw him, they came running to the fence. I guess they know who is responsible for feeding them...and it's not me. The adults nearly ate my right hand off, but Bernie protected me. Even the little ones came up to the fence, and I tried to feed them some bread but they were not in the least bit interested. But their faces- adorable! Apparently they're headed to another farm for the summer, but they'll be back in October. Although I wouldn't say they're animals with large personalities (or any interest in me), I'll miss them!

2 comments:
Sounds like they're ALMOST as cute as Flynnie!
JESUS. This is the funniest thing I've read all year.
Post a Comment